Sunday 18 March 2012

Neon stripes and neon jewelry



I seem to have developed a bit of an obsession with neon colours lately, and last weekend I decided to turn one of my plain white tops into a bright nautical shirt, and while I was at it, I also made a necklace and a pair of earrings in matching tones.

Here's how I did it.
I used:


Neon nautical top:

1. Apply masking tape onto the front of the shirt leaving regular stripes of fabric showing in between (see jumpsuit 3 - sailor stripes in the tutorial I posted over at Fellow Fellow recently) for an example.
2. Make sure everything which shouldn't get sprayed (i.e. the sleeves, the table, the walls, etc.) is well protected with your protective plastic.
3. Spray shirt thoroughly with neon spray paint.
4. Let dry.
5. Repeat all steps on the back of the shirt.
6. Let dry.
7. Remove strips of masking tape, and admire you work.



Neon necklace and earrings


1. Spray a few of your wooden beads (I sprayed 7; five for the necklace, and two for the earrings).
2. Let dry.
3. Thread all your beads on your chain.
4. Voila! The necklace is ready!
5. Cut nails with cutting pliers so that they don't stick out of the bead.
6. Glue nails into beads.
7. Let dry.
8. Glue earrings studs at the back of beads.
9. Let dry.
10. Enjoy your new outfit!

6 comments:

  1. Génial, tuto vraiment pro, avec superbes photos! Je ne vais pas m'y mettre, mais j'admire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic!!!!!! And I love the beads with the chain. It took me awhile but I am starting to love a shot of neon as well and this is a great way to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! - although my first reaction to neon is that is passé' because you know I was 14 the last time it war around, which brings me to my next reaction ; GEE, I am getting OLD!
    ( but not to old to enjoy a little spot of neon again!)
    Have a great week!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. La peinture que tu mets sur le t-shirt c'est de la peinture classique? Est ce qu'elle résiste bien aux lavages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zoé!
      Oui, j'ai utilisé un spray fluo classique que j'ai acheté dans un magasin de bricolage/construction.
      Pour le moment je n'ai lavé mon t-shirt qu'une fois, mais ça a tres bien tenu!
      :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...